Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Broken Scale

Well my hopes of weight loss have been dashed by the fact that we figured out yesterday that there was something wrong with the scale. I should have known that just a little extra exercise was really not enough to lose 4 pounds. Anyway, last night I picked up the scale to see what kind of battery it takes and I found a smashed little box that DS games come in and a little booklet. This was throwing the scale off balance. It wasn't really broken. Just off balance. Isn't the Christian life so much like this? We go along using a faulty scale. We think we are doing ok maybe even doing great if we are doing "good" things. We might even become a little proud. It isn't until we take a good look at the scale(God's word) that we realize that we got it all wrong. It is not about us and what we do, but about Him. It isn't about church. It isn't about "good deeds". It is about a relationship. With Him and with others. Love God. Love Others. These are the greatest commandments. I hope today to be on the right "scale". Not the one that makes me feel good about myself but the one that allows me to see things as they really are through God's eyes. I will not feel sorry for myself or about things that are in the past. But today I will choose to see things differently. I will go to the throne of grace and leave it there and do my best to love God and to love other's He brings into my life today.

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. this is the first and greatest commandment. And second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Matthew 22:37-39

Prayer:

Lord I pray today that I will see life the way you want me to see it. I pray I will not be disillusioned by a broken scale. Help me to love you and to love whoever you bring my way. ~Amen

No comments: