Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do you want to become bitter or better?

This is the question I have been asking myself lately. I can honestly say I would rather not become either (does that statement even make sense?). Well, anyway I personally would like to stay in the comfort of my own little world where I don’t have to face hard things that bring me to this question. How about you? Is there anything going on in your life that you could become bitter or better over? Just thought I’d ask. I am sure there isn’t a person reading this that isn’t dealing with something difficult. Life is like that. It comes down to choices AGAIN. We choose to allow the circumstances in our life strengthen our faith or we become bitter. Now we all say we would rather have a renewed faith but this is usually the harder of the two roads we can follow. You see it is real easy to become bitter and angry. To hold grudges. To have big old pity parties. We like what is easy and what is familiar. But God has another plan for us. He wants us to lay it all down and to have faith that He holds it all in His hands. He has our back. We don’t have to become bitter. He wants to see our faith in Him grow. He is our defender. We don’t have to defend ourselves. There is a lot of freedom in this. Bitterness is a prison. Christ came to set the captives free. Let’s walk in the light and the freedom we were given when the work on the cross was done. No more bitterness. Only “betterness”. Let’s become better together!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dee, I LOVE this blog! Thank you for doing this! I will be adding the link to it from my blog for others to read as well! Hope you're enjoying this gorgeous day!