Friday, May 30, 2008

Dreams Turned Disappointments.......

For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

I have lots of dreams. Probably a bigger list than my list of fears. Many times they are good, noble, even God-honoring dreams. I dream of unsaved family members coming to know the Lord. I dream of obedient, God-fearing children. I dream of a wonderful marriage. These are a few of my dreams. They are all good things. I also have some silly dreams like teenagers with good table manners or four year olds that never through fits. Either way realistic or not we all dream. I think we were given the ability to dream so that we can strive towards certain things and not become complacent. Beside God is a BIG dreamer. He has so many plans and dreams for our life. But our dreams are not meant to control us in anyway. What happens when we dream something that we think God would agree with us on and it doesn’t turn out the way we envisioned? Where do we go with that? When the thing that was once our dream has become a huge disappointment. When after years of prayer that family member still doesn’t know God. When our kids make choices out of the free will they have been given that doesn’t line up with what we had in mind. When we go through hard times in our marriages. What are we to do? Where do you go with your disappointment? The way I see it we can pout and feel sorry for ourselves or we can submit to God’s will for our life. This verse in Isaiah tells us His ways are much higher than our ways. We don’t have to dwell in the disappointment but we need to rejoice that God has something better in mind. It is very easy to let a dream become a disappointment. Then out of that bitterness comes. It doesn’t have to be this way dear one. Give it over. Rethink your dream to begin with. Thank God for what He may have been protecting you from when He didn’t give you what you wanted. Once again a choice. A choice to live in victory or defeat. Please join me today in handing our dreams over to God. Let Him have them. Ask Him what he wants from you today and then go forward in the joy in knowing you are loved by the King. If we never have a trial or disappointment we will NEVER develop the habit of joy.

Prayer:
Thank you God that Your ways are so much higher than my ways. Thank you for loving me and for being the ultimate dreamer and biggest cheerleader I will ever have. Show me today Lord what you want from me. I lay all the dreams and disappointments in my life at your feet. I know that this is just temporary here on earth and I praise for the eternity I one day will spend with you. I love you Lord.

No comments: