Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Raining Again!

It's raining again here! I feel like I can barely stand it. At least Carla and I got our walk in before it started. It feels like it's been raining for days. I really have to fight depression when it is like this. I am so tempted to just spend the day doing nothing and having a bad attitude. So, to fight this I decided to look to His word and do a little reflecting today.

Psalm 103:8-12 says: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will He harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Is that amazing or what? It is really hard to sit around with a bad attitude when you read something like that. How amazing is our God. You see it is His desire to forgive us from our sins. He doesn't want us to be seperated from Him. I sometimes forget how awesome this is. If there is nothing else good to speak of in your life except for this one promise you still have everything. I struggle with so many things like discontentment, depression, dissatisfaction with things in my life, disappointment, etc.... But when I read these words from the compassionate , all loving God I can't believe I have the feelings I have. How wonderful to know all I have to do is confess this all to Him and He forgives me from all of my iniquities. Praise God today no matter what your circumstance. Let's all develop an attitude of praise and gratitude for a God who is slow to anger and abounds in love.

Prayer:
Lord, I thank you and praise you today for the fact that you love me and you forgive me. Thank you that you don't repay as my sin deserves. Create in me a heart of praise regardless of the circumstance in my life. I love you Lord. You are so worthy of my praise!!!!
~Amen

No comments: