Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am so glad you've stopped by. I will start by telling you a little about myself. I have been married to Greg for 17 years. If you did the math you can see that I have children that are older than that! The oldest two are adopted and the other 5 are biological. Now if your still doing the math you can see my oldest biological child is 17. I had him when I was 17 and a senior in highschool. I married Greg a few months after he was born and the rest is history. I wish I could say that it really was that simple but it hasn't always been so easy. I hope to be able to share in this blog how God has been at work in my life. Now and throughout my entire life. He has done so many awesome things and I think it is important to share that. I also hope that it will help to keep me accountable. I think if I am writing things down for others to see it will help me to reflect more on the things He is doing in my life and not just take it foranted or worse yet to fall back into old patterns. I named this blog "Choosing Today" because I have come to realize how important it is to get up each day and make wise choices. I think we think if we decide to live for Christ one day that we don't need to choose that again and even though we don't lose our salvation we do need to choose each day to live for Him and choose to take what He has to offer us. Sadly so many christians live such empty lives because they are not "choosing" each day. Really not choosing is a choice. There is so much this life has to offer if we would choose to believe. You know now that I think about it maybe you haven't even come to a point where you even have a relationship with Christ. It is very easy to come to know Him as your savior. We do this by acknowledging that He cares for us but we all have sinned so we have fallen short of God’s glory. Once you realize you are a sinner separated from God you need to know that it is not hopeless. Jesus came as a living sacrifice for our sins to reconcile us with a holy God. He died on the cross for us. Each one of us. Nothing we have done is too great for Him and no good work we do can reconcile us. We can be good people but being good is not enough. We need to choose to either accept or reject this gift. If you don’t know Him I encourage you to meet Him today. He will meet with you right here where you are. It is so simple but it is something you need to do. Like I said before you can’t just expect to get to heaven based on your actions. None of us are “good enough”. This will be the most imporatnt choice you will ever make. Well I will share more later about what is going on with my life. If you have any questions just let me a comment!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Denise, I really like your blog. Keep posting! It inspires me in my faith.
Nancy