Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Be filled with joy!

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16:11

I came across this verse today while doing my Bible study and I stayed there for a while. I really thought about these words of David. We all want to know the path of life and we all definitely want joy, but I think sometimes we want these things and try to figure them out for ourselves. Look at what it says. He makes known the path of life. I believe He will do this when we are sitting at His feet asking Him to make it known. If He is where we take refuge and if we ask He will reveal these things to us, but we need to choose to do this. And look at where joy will be found – In His presence. Not just anywhere, but in His presence. How do we get there? What are something’s that can hinder us? How can we be filled with eternal pleasures? By making Him our all. By laying down our idea of what our path should be and submitting to His will. We need to take time to be in His presence. Talk to Him. Ask Him questions and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Being too busy often hinders us from knowing Him. Be still today even amidst chaos. In your spirit just be still and pray for Him to make know your path of life. Things would probably be a whole lot easier if we did this. I don’t mean that there would not be any problems. Oh no don’t misunderstand me. This life is full of troubles, but when we truly believe He is directing our path we know that there is never a battle we won’t win. I think we honestly don’t even have a clue what true joy is. We get so caught up in what we think would make us happy that we miss the boat. He wants to give us eternal pleasures, not just temporal. I don’t know about you but I could use some joy today. I would like to know “eternal pleasures”. Let’s all be like David today and find our rest, our peace, our direction, and our joy in the Lord!

Prayer:

Lord I thank you that you will make known my path of life. I come into your presence asking you to fill me with true joy. Help me to get rid of all the thoughts that are mine and to take on Your will for my life. I love you Lord. I want to know true joy and eternal pleasures that can only be found in Your presence.

Amen

No comments: