Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what the Lord says: “A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more. This is what the Lord says: “Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded,” declares the Lord. “They will return from the land of the enemy. So there is hope for your future,” declares the Lord. “Your children will return to their own land.”

Jeremiah 31:15-17

Okay today I am writing to all you parents of teenagers out there. To all of you who are doing some weeping and mourning. To all of you who are sure your kids have left the land and are with the enemy. I know this feeling. I know what is to weep for a child. This is the strongest emotion I have ever felt in my life. I know what is to be sick with worry and to cry some gut wrenching cries. When someone pointed out this scripture to me it was like the words just leapt off the page. I don’t know about you but I am looking for some hope for the future. I want to know this work will be rewarded and it wasn’t all for nothing. I want to know that they will return to their own land. Now I know what some of you are thinking. Does this really apply to me and my teens? I believe it is a prayer we can have for our teens. I believe they will return. Maybe not in our timing. We get so frustrated when things don’t happen as quickly as we would like. Going through the valley is where your faith will grow and will strengthen. I guarantee it. If we didn’t have a valley we wouldn’t know who God is and what He can do. So today let’s restrain our voices from weeping and our eyes from tears. Let’s claim the promise of the hope for the future. Know in the end that if we press on our work will be rewarded. There is hope. Our kids will return to their land. Thank you God! Let’s praise Him ahead of time for His promises. Commit today to pray this prayer below for our children every day.

Prayer:

Lord I ask that you will help me to refrain from mourning and tears. I know there is a hope for my future and my children’s future in you. I thank you for loving me and my children more than I can ever imagine. I pray for my children. I thank you ahead of time for when they will return from the land of the enemy. I praise you God for having all power over the enemy. Give me peace and rest today.

~Amen

No comments: