Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fruit Bowl Living (part 3)

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

Peace! Uh-oh another tough one. But remember If we are a believer we have the ability to possess all these qualities. Is our home peaceful???? Are we at peace or do we worry about everything and anything that we can? I know I tend to be a worrier. I think women are more prone to worry. Worry and peace never go hand in hand. We also don’t want to have a false sense of peace when there really isn’t any. When I am feeling anxious I love to go to this verse in Philippians. Read above what His word tells us. Do you see a connection between joy and peace???? Rejoice in the Lord. Don’t worry. Take everything to Him in prayer(and be thankful) and what will happen? We will have peace. Not just any old peace but the peace that surpasses all understanding. I don’t know about you but I want that. And right there in the pages of His wonderful Word is the formula. I love His Word and His ways. Now as simple as this all sounds it can be one of the most difficult things we do. It is a daily choice we will need to make. Each day we need to come before Him and lay all our concerns at His feet. Let it there and don’t take it back (I am talking to myself tonight!!!!) Walk in the peace and joy we are promised. Satan is out to get our peace. He can’t get our salvation so he wants to try and take the abundant life we have been promised. Romans 8:6 says the mind of the sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. Allow the Spirit to control you and your life will be peaceful, even amidst trials.

Prayer:

Lord, today I give you all that concerns me. I lay it at your feet. I want the peace that surpasses all understanding that only comes from you. Thank you Lord for this gift.

No comments: