Wednesday, September 17, 2008

His Sufficient Grace

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

2 Corinthians 13:11

Is His grace sufficient for you today? I have been thinking a lot about this passage and what it means. Is His grace really enough????? It is because His word says so, but then why do I always feel like I am lacking. I think it comes down to the fact that I don’t want to be weak. We see this as something negative so we determine to be “strong” and do things our way only to fail. His power can be made perfect in our weakness. I don’t know about you but I want His power. Why is it so hard to lay aside our ideas of how we should act and the way things should be and the need to “protect” ourselves and cover our own butts(excuse the language)? Maybe it comes down to how much we actually trust Him and in His word to be true. I know I struggle tremendously in this area. I struggle to have the faith of a child. I want to protect myself. It is so much easier when we are a child, but as we grow life happens and we become hardened and we have hurts and disappointments and we start to doubt He will really be sufficient for us. I spent too many years in this doubt and quite honestly it is not working out to good for me. How about you? Can we commit together to pray this week that our faith would be deepened. Praying that we would have the faith like a little child and trust Him to be enough in any and all situations even if the outcome isn’t what we expected. In our weakness this week we can know His power will be perfected if we allow Him in and we trust Him enough. We need to stop asking what we can do but ask what can He do in us and through us.

Prayer:

Lord thank you that your grace is sufficient. Lord we desire to have the faith of a child and trust completely in you. Gently remind us this week to depend on you especially at our weakest moments.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im a big fan of yours too pud