Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cardboard Testimonies

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:14-16

Spent the morning in uncontrollable tears today - check out www.youtube.com and type in "cardboard testimonies". Unbelievable testimonies of the life changing power of Jesus Christ. We all have a story. We all have a before and after. Are you sharing yours? There is a world dying around us. Who will tell them if we don't. Today lets really think about the change Christ has made in our lives. We so often take it for granted and don't give Him the glory due Him. We are changed because of His sacrifice. Pray today for God to show you someone who needs to hear your before and after. We don't have to give every detail. Just who we were before and who we are now as a result of Jesus Christ. Let your light shine to all men. Don't hide it. Take off the mask. Put aside the pride and tell your story. There is power in our story. He uses all the messes we've made to reach people. He uses us to draw people to Him. Wow! I can barely type through the tears. So many wasted opportunities. I hope you will commit with me today to share all He has done for you.

Prayer~

Lord show me who needs to hear my story today. I am changed because of you and your power in my life. Thank you for loving me enough to take my mess and use it for your glory. We love you Lord and praise your name. The name above all names!

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna check those out -good word!!!