Thursday, October 23, 2008

Conversation from a Nursing home

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.

Psalm 126:3

Last night we had the privilege to go "trick-or-treating" at the nursing home that Greg's grandma is in. The following is a sweet conversation I overheard:

"Ethel, what does this remind you of?"

"What?"

"What do all these children remind you of?"

"What"

(getting louder)"All the children Ethel it reminds me of when ours were that age."

"Oh yes! That was wonderful wasn't it."

What a gentle sweet reminder to live life to the fullest everyday. Time passes through our fingers like sand. It is the one thing we can't hold onto, we can not control, and we CAN NOT get back. It makes me want to hug my kids and rejoice in the Lord today, even in the difficult moments.

Prayer:

Lord thank you for our children. Help us to be a good steward of our kids and our time. Grant me patience today and remind that time will pass me by but it is what I choose to do with it that matters.

~Amen

No comments: