Thursday, October 30, 2008

Laughter

She is clothed with strength and dignity: She can laugh at the days to come

Proverbs 31:25

Oh no! Not the Proverbs 31 chick again. I know that if any of you are like me that must be what you are thinking right now. I avoided this passage for years. It makes me tired, but for some reason He is bringing me to it. I especially keep coming to this verse where it says "she laughs at the days to come". Now I have to wonder is she laughing because she has already survived marriage, pregnancy, birth, the terrible two's(which last about 5 years), adolescence, rebellious teens, aging parents, and things that start to fall apart and sag long before their time? It makes you wonder if she is laughing or if she is delusional. Anyway, I actually think she laughs because after going through all that she is finally starting to get it. Her daddy owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He will provide for her. Her daddy also holds everything in His hands and she can trust Him because He has known her since before she was formed. She knows she is just passing through and just like rebellious teens and saggy stuff it is all temporary. Maybe I never liked to go to this passage before because I thought I had to be it all at once, but I think He is teaching me that through life's circumstances and how I respond I can become like her. More importantly I can become like Him. Let's all have a good laugh today, it might be after we shed a few tears, but don't become consumed about tomorrow. Remember WE ARE JUST PASSING THROUGH!!!!!

Prayer~

Lord thank that this is all temporary. Teach me to trust you more everyday. I want to laugh at the days to come. I love you Lord!

Amen

Have a blessed day!

No comments: