Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SVPS Banquet

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Colossians 1:13-14

I just thought I would post a little update on the SVPS banquet. It was an awesome experience. It is always amazing to be in the presence of believers and see God move. It was like things came full circle for me. It was full redemption - the forgiveness of my sins. I sat in a room with a few hundred people as they aired the video with my testimony and I was ok. There was a time where I would have struggled to even be in the same room where a testimony like that was being played let alone be the one giving the testimony and not even caring that people would know it was me. That is how amazing God is. It is like a scar. I still know it happened, but the pain is gone. He is my healer, my forgiver, and most importantly forgetter of my sins. I had an abortion but that is not my identity. I have been made alive in Christ. I am many things but condemned is not one of them. I am a saint seated with Christ, I am loved, I am forgiven, He sees me, I am cared for, I am His child, I am sealed until the day of redemption. The list could go on and on but none of the things I am has to do with condemnation. The speaker was Michael Clancy. He has an amazing story. I recommend you check out his website www.michaelclancy.com . So all in all it was an amazing evening. They have an awesome ministry. You can see more about what they do at www.svps.org.

No comments: