Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Be Obedient!

For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Colossians 1:16-17

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.

Titus 3:1-2

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good and pleases God our Savior who wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.

1 Timothy 2:1-4

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear god, honor the king.

1 Peter 13-17


I awoke today with a feeling of sadness. I am so thankful for the gentle reminders in God's word. So today I start to pray for president elect Obama! He has been placed in authority over me and instead slandering his name I need to honor him and pray for him. I also need to pray for God's mercy on this wonderful country that I have the privilege of living in. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

linda cooper said...

I couldnt agree with you more. We have to trust and pray that the Lord will lead us in the right direction. Remain active and educated but mostly Obedient and loving and remain steadfast in his love and grace..ask for his forgiveness of our sins each and every day and praise him continually! Thank you for your insight and christian love!

Jen said...

Dee,
Thank you for posting these verses! I completely agree and have already needed to reshape my children's thinking on the issue - I am AMAZED at how quickly they pick up disrespectful attitudes of people around them, so I must begin teaching them what God's word says!