Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Queen of the Mountain!

Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen, though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields are stunted, though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty, I'm singing joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my savior God. Counting on God's rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain!

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Message)

After reading this verse this past weekend and doing my Bible study today I really felt convicted about my behavior lately. I have been once again getting caught up in the worry of life's circumstances. My apples have been worm-eaten lately. I feel like my cattle barns are empty but instead of singing a joyful praise to God I am allowing the enemy to sneak in and make me feel defeated. I read in my quiet time today that the enemy will focus on the past and the future while God's voice will focus on today. He is a God of "right now". One of the keys to not getting caught up in the worry of the past or the future is to just obediently do the next thing God has for us today. Counting on God's rule to prevail. Knowing that it will. We can take heart and gain strength and run like a deer. We can be king (or queen) of the mountain instead king (or queen) of the pit. I don't know about you but I have been queen of the pit for too long and quite frankly I am sick of it. It is too tiring. So today let's commit to sing praises to our Savior in everything we do. Let's not get caught up in tomorrow but just obediently do the next thing today. Look for God in the everyday mundane tasks of your life. When we have our spiritual eyes opened those tasks aren't so ordinary anymore. When we see ourselves as a part of the bigger picture they become pretty spectacular. We will just do this one step at a time. Don't think about the number of times you failed in the past, just concentrate on living victoriously today. Today ladies we will be QUEEN OF THE MOUNTAIN. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!

Prayer~

Lord forgive me when I let my fears and worry take over. Show me the next thing you have for me today and help me to obediently follow you. Thank you that Your Word tells me when I do this You will make me feel like Queen of the mountain. No more Queen of the pit. You came so I could live a victorious life. Help me today to take hold of all you have for me.



No comments: