Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.

1 Corinthians 2:9

It all started when I was young. Different situations that seemed to age me a little quicker than most. Then I became pregnant at 17 and became a new mom. By the time I was 25 I had children only a handful of years younger than I was through adoption. I am 35 years old and I have adult children. I have survived rebellious teens and a handful of other "situations". I am now being hurled at the speed of light into another phase of life. My mother-in-law had a stroke two weeks ago and she is coming to stay with us. We are now dealing with "aging" parents. I fear by the time I am 40 I will have been through menopause and I myself will be headed for a nursing home:) These are all the things no one really prepares you for. You know all lifes little "secrets". Like when you had your first child did anyone tell you not to pack those cute little jeans you wore before you got pregnant because there is a good chance you will never wear them again or at least for a while? Or how about this one - you can love a child with every ounce of your being but have moments where your are sure you could lock them up for a very long time. All this to say for all you out there who maybe haven't been through some these things yet - it is a wild ride but is a good one. Every new season I learn something so incredibly amazing about God that I am finally starting to get it. I have been a bit hesitant about my mother-in-law coming but I keep hearing Him whisper to me that if I will just love Him and trust Him, He has something prepared for me that I can't even imagine. I just have to love Him. He works out all the rest of the details. I can't wait to see what this next phase of life has in store for me. I know it won't always be easy, in fact many times it is far from it, but I know it will be good because God is good. I just encourage you today to be on the look out for the wonderful things He has in store for you. Things no eye has ever seen and no ear has ever heard. Don't get so caught up in the situation that you miss it. So often the thing that we think we can't bear today is easily forgotten tomorrow, but the rewards for obedience are eternal.

Prayer:

Lord help me to have your eyes in the situations you bring into my life. Thank you for your promises. I love you Lord and I trust your goodness.

Amen
\

1 comment:

Angie said...

Denise I just found your site and hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. First of all thank you for the encouragement. You are so right about stepping back and looking and listening with our hearts and minds focused on God and his unfailing goodness.
I hope you will be blessed as you begin a new journey.

Angie