Monday, November 3, 2008

Take those thoughts captive ladies!!!!!

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5

I have been hearing from God a lot lately about this passage. I feel like He keeps asking me am I believing truth or am I believing a lie? If I am believing a lie that is thought I need to take captive. When I am having struggles I need to find out the truth(God's Word). That is why studying our Bible for our self and memorizing it is soooo important. When I start to have bad thoughts they seem to multiply if I don't nip it in the bud. Here is a perfect example: Our kids do something to upset us. We start to wear around the T.P.(terrible parent not toilet paper in case you were wondering if yes I did indeed finally lose my mind and I won't have the need to take any thoughts captive)anyway we are wearing the T.P. Instead of immediately at that point taking the thought captive and telling our self "therefore there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus" we start self-condemnation. Now after making our self feel bad for a while we want to make someone else suffer because we are grumpy and feeling sorry for our self and because the T.P. is too heavy for one to carry alone so we attack our husband. Now we have involved someone else. It is deeper. We could still start speaking the truth and taking our thoughts captive and tell our self all the truth about our husband and who he is as a Christian, as a father, and as a husband. But instead we suffer and we make him suffer. Then we decide to take it out on others. We start to have the "grass is greener" syndrome and we hide away for fear of what someone might think of us. The weight is heavy, our marriage is now in a shamble, and to top it all off we are lonely. Are you seeing the snow ball effect???? Can you see how important it is to know our true identity in Christ Jesus. Jesus used God's word to combat Satan (Matthew 4). We need to learn from His example and use His word to fight and win the battle. It will demolish strongholds. They are anything in our life that is placed before God. So what thoughts do you need to take captive today? Anything that is setting itself up against the knowledge of God. Stop believing the lie. Don't let satan have this. We are more than conquerors ladies. We can do this.

*Yes the previous scenario was real and not fictional. I am happy to say that wife and husband are once again living in harmony and wife is trying to get better and quicker at getting those thoughts under control:)

Prayer:

Lord thank you for your word which is Truth. With it we have awesome power to overcome all the schemes of the devil. That you loved us enough to give us your Son and provide us with your word amazes me everyday! I love you too Lord!

No comments: