Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cut off the dead stuff

I got my hair cut today. If you know me at all you will know that it is one of my favorite things to do. Even though I love it I have become very cautious lately. Wanting something different but being just a little afraid. Anyway, today I did actually have her cut 2 inches off. She said it would be good to get off the "dead stuff". It felt much lighter right away. It just felt better. I was thinking about my life and how often God just wants me to get rid of the dead stuff because He has something better He wants to do. Why do we hang on so tightly to things that He wants us to rid ourself of? I am so cautious. I think in my caution I am ultimately saying I don't trust Him. But if I would just trust Him I would feel better. Lighter actually. I wouldn't have the heavy burden of carrying around things He doesn't want me to carry. When it comes to trusting Him I would like to just start throwing caution to the wind and just do the things He wants me to do. Letting go of dreams, fears, and any idea that is mine and not His. If it is not of Him it is "dead stuff". I know I want to feel full of life. So here's to hairstyles and Godly lifestyles. Have a blessed night.

No comments: