Thursday, December 11, 2008

In over my head......

I am definetely in over my head with a situation in my life right now with one of my daughters. I can't share any details right now. I spent the morning in tears face down at times(on the bathroom floor at one point - where else can you go and be alone????) I called my dear friend Carla and she directed me to Beth Moore's blog entry. I am going to post it below. It is just what I needed to read right now. I love how God does that. When I can I will post more about what is going on in my life and what I am learning....I can hear the angels cheering;)It is my prayer that this entry touch someone else who is feeling "in over their head" today. Have blessed day.

Over Our Heads

I was just praying out loud for some folks. So aware right now of many chronic - even life and death - needs. Thinking how many people I know who are flat-out over their heads. Been over mine in a personal thing or two lately myself. Keith has a CD in his blue Ford truck that he won't give up but every time I get behind that wheel, I shove it in the player, flip it to song #9, turn it up as loud as I can stand it, and sing it like there's no tomorrow. It talks about the kind of over-my-head I want to be. And I want you to be.

Girlfriends, Jesus is so worthy of our trust no matter what has taken us by surprise. Picture that, when the enemy asks for a little extra access to you, the only reason why God may have given him permission is because He knew you'd prove faithful. Do the thing. In the unseen realm, angels are cheering and demons are jeering. You are in the stadium and the bleachers are full. (Hebrews 12:1) Take one for the team if you have to. Be strong and courageous. Be willing to show people how it's done. Don't look for a leader. You are the leader. People are looking to you. Be deliberate. Make sure they see Jesus. We're not here all that long and then there's BLISS. Forever bliss. Till then, we're over our heads. But we can dang-well decide what kind of over-our-heads we're gonna be.

"Over My Head" by Brian Littrell

I tried to figure it out
Time and time again and time again
I guess there's just some things I'll never understand
'Cause Your ways aren't our ways
But deep down in my soul, down in my soul
There is one thing I know that I know

I'm in over my head
Right where I wanna be
I'm so lost within Your love
The love that always covers me
So high, so deep, so wide
A strong and cleansing tide
My soul has found a place to rest
I'm in over my head

I've been holding on
Now I'm letting go, just letting go
Gonna let Your love carry me away
I don't know where I'm going
But I'm surrounded by the truth
And I can feel the current pulling me
Deeper into You

I'm in over my head
Right where I wanna be
I'm so lost within Your love
The love that always covers me
So high, so deep, so wide
A strong and cleansing tide
My soul has found a place to rest
I'm in over my head

You see me for who I am
You did reach out Your hand
You made me understand
That Your love has always covered me
Posted by Beth at 6:27 PM

No comments: