Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's over

Grandma passed away on Sunday morning. She was surrounded by her family. As we stood around her bed and witnessed her take her final breath knowing she was snatched right into heaven into Jesus' arms the second that last breath was finished. She was loved by many. The glue that held the family altogether. She will be so missed but her suffering is over and for that I am very thankful. I am glad I had the opportunity to know her and to be apart of her family. I have been able to learn many lessons through her life and also through her death. I was asked to speak at a Christmas luncheon on Saturday. I was very excited to have this opportunity. I had been praying for an opportunity to share and thought this was my answer. I had been preparing all week in my mind what the message would be about. I am comfortable speaking. Not that I don't get nervous but the excitement of sharing what God is doing in my life usually outweighs the fear. Anyway, we found out the memorial service is going to be at the same time so I had to back out of my speaking engagement. I was a little sad. Like I said earlier I thought this was God's answer to my prayer. Well the funny thing is just Saturday as I sat in Hospice doing my Bible study I was reading that God will rarely ask us to do what we are comfortable with. He will ask us to do what we are uncomfortable doing. The thing that will stretch us. So His power can be displayed. I was asked to sing at grandma's memorial service. I am NOT a singer. I don't sing on the worship team. I just sit in the audience making a "joyful noise". I don't want to be on American Idol. I am not beating myself up here. I have just accepted long ago that I won't be signing any record deals in this lifetime. So instead of speaking on Saturday morning I will be making a joyful noise in front of all of grandma's family and friends. Doing the thing that I am not so comfortable with. I will have to fully rely on God for this. He will have to do the singing through me. Don't you just love when you study something in your quiet time and He so quickly gives you the opportunity to apply it to your life. So if you think about it on Saturday say a little prayer for me. Pray that I bring God honor and glory and that I also honor grandma as I sing. We will miss her so much and will rejoice when we see her again. Have a blessed day!

No comments: