Monday, February 16, 2009

Memory Challenge #4

Yesterday started verse no. 4 in my memory challenge. I thought a lot about that verse in Isaiah that God brought to me last week. I struggle with dwelling on the past so I thought that might be a good one to commit to memory. So here it is again:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. Se, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a new way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Isaiah 43:18-19

Beth Moore gave us an acrostic for our memorization:

R - Read It
E - Examine It
N - Need It
E - Echo It
W - Wield It

This is definitely on I need. I need to be able to wield it when I am under attack. His word strengthens us. Satan loves to bring up things in the past, good or bad, that he can hold over our heads. Let's not allow it. Let's look for the "new thing" God is doing and let go of the past. Hope you have a blessed day shining the light of our precious Saviour.

No comments: