Monday, February 2, 2009

This week

Monday. The start of another week. I actually sorta like Mondays. It feels like a "new beginning". I am starting in on verse no. 3 for the year. I told you I am doing the Beth Moore scripture challenge. Two verses a month. Very easy to do actually. So, here is my verse for Feb. 1st:

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Romans 12:2

I have always loved this verse but never took the time to commit it to memory. I always think of myself as a Transformer. You remember the cartoon Transformers right? I think of God's word changing me into a powerful woman able to leap a building in a single bound. Ok I know that was another cartoon but anyway I love how His word changes us. I love change. So this is the verse I will commit to memory between now and Feb. 15th. I am also going back and making sure I can still say the other ones I learned. It is exciting. As for the rest of the week:

Monday - Women's Ministry meeting, school, and take vegetable soup to my grandma. I made a huge pot last night. I almost posted pictures I was so proud of myself. Anyone who knows me knows I hate to cook.

Tuesday - Bible study. Yeah!!!! Pray for no snow. Then home to do school and babysit my two nephews.

Wednesday - School and Awana for my kids. I always spend Wednesday night with my mom and grandma. I love this time with them.

Thursday - School and grocery shop for girl's weekend in the mountains. Cayla also has Bible quizzing. Who knows maybe I will sit at Starbucks again:)

Friday - Leave at 8am for the mountains with a bunch of girlfriends. (one of my best girlfriends Carla has a lot going on and she is trying to back out - She better come!!!!!) I love this weekend. It is so much fun and relaxing. We do nothing but eat, sleep, and talk. How awesome is that???? I will be there until late Sunday night. Bless my husbands heart he has to teach co-op and be mom and dad for the whole weekend.

Well, that is my week in a nut shell. How about you? Hope no matter how eventful or uneventful your week is you make time to spend with God. It is in that alone time that real transformation happens. Not just on Sundays, a few hours in church, but the time we spend with Him each day. Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

MoodyMama (a.k.a. Heidi) said...

Loved the scarf today! Where'd you get your black tote? I need something like that for my new job! Talk to you soon!