Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Biggest Loser

Watched The Biggest Loser last night. It is my favorite show. It is probably one of the only shows I watch on a regular basis. This is not to make you think I think too highly of myself. I spend plenty of time on "time wasters" like the Internet and reading and writing blogs:) But anyway I think I like the show so much because of the huge transformation people make.

I am all about transformation. Like the one I got today when I got my hair colored(that verse about gray hair being a crown -not sure if I get that but I know my hair had a transformation moment today and I am happier for it!) I love to see a big change.

Now I'm not talking about change like your husband decides he has changed his mind and doesn't love you anymore or your child changes his/her values or beliefs and exchanges them for crappy ones. NOOOOO I do not like that kind of change. I like positive change. I guess that is why I am the biggest lover of God's word. Ain't nothing going to transform you more than that girlfriend!

Well, last night Sugar Rae Leonard(don't even know if I spelled that right) was on. He told them that this transformation was not just physical but mental and psychological. It was a mental state. Now I won't pretend I know anything about the guy because I don't but he used an acrostic(and you know I am all about a good acrostic!) and he said some powerful things so I like him already. I don't think he will replace Tony Dungy as my all time favorite sports person but I became fond of him just the same. This was his acrostic:

P - Prepare
O - Overcome
W - With
E - Every
R - Round

How cool is that. We as christians are called to the same thing. We are in a boxing ring fighting the battle of our life. We need to be prepared with God's word. We will overcome. With every round the devil knocks us around he can NOT knock us out! The victory is ours. The ultimate transformation will be when we meet our Saviour in Heavenlies. I don't know about you but I can't wait. Keep up the fight and be prepared for anything that comes your way! Who knows maybe I will get to host The Biggest Loser.... of Strongholds if a show like that is ever produced:) Lord knows I know all about it! Have a blessed day. Shine in His beauty.

No comments: