Monday, March 30, 2009

I resolve to know nothing......except Jesus

When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words but with a demonstration of the Spirits power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

I read this verse recently in my Bible study and I thought it spoke volumes. I love to talk. I love to share. That is one of the reasons I started this blog but I do not want anyone to think for one second that I have it all together. We are talking about someone who gets excited if she gets to church and realizes her shoes, bag and Bible match(this actually happened last Sunday – black leather with tan stitching – I was so excited). I am a pretty simple girl (minded anyway I know I am actually very complicated in other areas). I just have a love for God and His word. It has sustained me through some real tough times. It is life and hope.

We were asked in our study last week to look at our Bible and think about the things we have been through with that Bible. I bought my Bible after my first ladies Bible study. I fell in love with His Word through that study. I have also been through some of the hardest times in my life with that very same Bible. Whenever God gives me an opportunity to share I do come in fear and trembling. Please don’t ever let your faith rest on my wisdom (that would be your downfall for sure unless you were looking for how to get your shoes and Bible to match).

I want you to pray for me today if you think of it. I am speaking at Hershey Medical Center on behalf of SVPS tomorrow. As excited as I am, I am also scared half to death. I will be speaking to a Christian Women’s luncheon for I guess the prolife employees. I have been warned that the pro-choice ladies will probably come also. Though I feel a bit intimidated I know that no one can argue with truth. I will be speaking on God’s handprints on my life. His truth is so evident in my life. Pray it is demonstration of the Spirit’s power and that my flesh is silent. I thank you all for the opportunity to share with you. May your faith rest on God’s power today.

Prayer~

Lord I thank you and praise you for your Word and the wisdom you give us. I praise for the opportunity to share what your power has done in my life. Thank you that you use the weak and that when we are weak then we are strong. We love you Lord Jesus and we bless your name.

Amen


4 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I'll be praying!!

Anonymous said...

Wow DEE!!! I will definitely be praying for you tomorrow! What an awesome opportunity to share.

Kim :)

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear about today! You will be amazing- just share your heart- God will do the rest!
carla

Heather Kay said...

Prayed this morning!