Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a long day....

Today has got to rank up there as one of the longest days. Now after I said that I remember some crisis moments which I am sure would take the cake for long days but today was long just the same and it ain't over yet. Greg and I got up at 5 am because I needed to clean the insurance office. I am a little (ok alot!) fearful of being up there alone especially in the dark. After talking at MOPS yesterday about overcoming fears I feel a bit foolish but anyway I am scared - ok there I said it! I made my dear husband go with me which by the way has double benefits because not only did I not have to be afraid but he helped clean:) We were home by 8:30 and then I cleaned our own house. Went for a walk with Carla. Got some disturbing news(not from Carla of course). Ate lunch. Showered. Took Cayla shopping. Dropped her off in Leola to see a play. Got pulled over on the way home and sobbed hysterically to some state cop because I was upset about my disturbing news from earlier (when I first typed this I spelled it wrong, it came up historically - how appropriate considering sobbing is how I would act historically to getting bad news). Got home. Ate dinner. Put away laundry. Bathed kids. Prepared for Sunday school tomorrow and here I sit waiting for Cayla to call so I can get in the car and go pick her up (avoiding any state troopers of course and did I mention we are LOSING an hour sleep tonight?). All this to say as I was preparing for my class tomorrow this is one of the verses I came upon and am teaching on:

Your attitude should be the same as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Philippians 2:5-7

Allrighty then - get off my self-absorbed soap box and be thankful. Things could be worse. Glad to be His servant today. Hope to do better tomorrow on the attitude part. Have a blessed night.


No comments: