Monday, March 16, 2009

Wondering what I do all day.....

I often have days when I ask myself what I did all day. I feel like I am running my race on a treadmill getting nowhere. Today was one of those days. Although I did spend a good 20 minutes getting Catey out of her room. She locked herself in when the boys were bothering her. The lock got stuck. She cried. I wanted to. I took the door knob apart only to discover in these old doors the knob really has nothing to do with the lock. I searched frantically for a skeleton key and sure enough we finally got it open. Lesson learned I hope. How often do we barricade ourselves against things in life instead of just inviting God in and how often do we end up with a broken lock that only God holds the key to? The thing that she thought would protect her from her brothers ended up scaring her half to death. Oh how familiar that is in my life. On a brighter note even though I am not sure what else I accomplished today I did start my second memory verse for the month. I chose:

But He said to me, "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Hoping His power rests on you today. Have a great one!

No comments: