Friday, April 24, 2009

Fashion Friday

Yeah! It's Fashion Friday. Yeah! It's Friday. It's been a long week. My girls had their testing and we had our evaluations. I am so glad it is all over with. Greg left yesterday with the two boys leaving me with my precious Cayla and Catey(and Chris, but with work and friends I don't see him near as much as I should!). We have had a blast so far. We have shopped at Target and had dinner at Olive Garden. I do love those two girls!!!!!! But enough about that and back to the topic at hand....Fashion. I just want to share a few things today and then I really need to shut this thing down and go to co-op. After all our bad weather I think my only piece of advice should be get your toenails painted and get out your flip flops because can you believe it is finally going to be 80 tomorrow?????? But anyway....

The first thing I wanted to share today is solid white and black shirts. I own several in long and short sleeves. I look for them on sale and keep a bunch in my closet. They can be worn under sweaters or vests in the winter or even alone if it's not 20 degrees out and short sleeves in the summer are great with shorts/skirts/capris(I totally understand Big Mama's disdain for capris but when you live in an area where it has been soooo cold for sooooo long and you have worn more Under Armour cold gear than one can imagine you are desperate for ANYTHING springy and cute and I mean desperate). The reason I am such a fan of solid tee's is because they can so easily be dressed up or dressed down. They say 75% of your wardrobe should be accessories. I can put on a nice pair of dark jeans and a solid shirt add some nice jewelry or a scarf and I am somewhat dressed up. I can also throw that same shirt on with some shorts and head to a softball game. Versatility. I don't really have time in my life for much more than that. I always buy several because I like my white to be really white and my black not to be faded. I found the most comfortable one yesterday at Target and the cool thing is they were on sale for $5. I bought a white one and it is so soft and comfortable. I often wear a lot of white. People ask how I do that with kids. I actually love it because solid white is something you can bleach. My bleach pen and I are best friends!

The only other thing I want to share with you I learned over at Bargains By the Bagfull. You really need to check out her and Resource Mom 4 Life. They are full of so many money saving ideas I can't even keep up. A few days ago she told me about Old Navy Weekly. Maybe this is old news but I had never checked it out. You go each week and you "hunt" for coupons. For example if you click several times on the mannequin's hair(it's the one with blue capri's and a white shirt) you get a 30%off coupon. It is different each week. There are several other deals hidden and it is a lot of fun to try and find them - not to mention the coupons are great. I have gotten a 50% off one item before. You can easily get those solid shirts I talked about earlier for just a few dollars!

That's all I have for today. I hope your day is blessed. Remember fashion is great. I am all about it actually.....but never forget your true identity in Christ. Don't make it your focus. Have it be something that is fun but not an obsession(I speak unfortunately from experience). Enjoy the beautiful weather we are getting this weekend!

3 comments:

The Stain Family said...

What?! Hidden coupons from Old Navy? That's crazy and wonderful all rolled in to one! Thanks for sharing!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Great advice! I love the long tank tops, too, and layer them under something nearly every day. Having little kids I'm bending over and on the floor a lot, so it is a comfort to know my backside is fully covered in those moments!

Kensey said...

Just found your website off of Big Mama.
You are just the cutest thing and your blog is great!

And I agree...I love capris!