Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How great is our God!

I couldn't resist posting tonight. My heart is overflowing with emotion. Tonight I had the privilege to speak to about 30 inner city at risk teens. I was able to share some very important truths with them about who they are in Christ and the value they have to God. I was also able to speak to them about His forgiveness and redemption. It was truly amazing. God is truly amazing. On the way home I could barely contain myself so I had my own worship service and belted out the song "How Great is Our God"(and I didn't even get a speeding ticket).

It Will be forever etched in my heart the face of a girl named Heather. As I spoke tears rolled down her cheeks. Lord please never, ever let me forget where I came form. I was her. That vulnerable girl. I pray she listened. I told her at the end that she doesn't have to keep having sex. I told her God makes all things new and she can reclaim her purity.

I also started thinking about our own vulnerability. I want to remember who I was so that I never go back. The term "at risk" applies to all of us. We are all at risk. Just one decision or bad choice away from being in bondage to something. That is what the enemy wants and he is prowling around just waiting for the opportunity. God's Word warns us:

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Lord~

Help me to be self-controlled an always be alert. Never to forget what you have done for me. Bless those children in Lancaster. Let the truth of who you are penetrate their hearts and minds tonight. We love you Lord Jesus.

Amen

4 comments:

Heather Kay said...

Wow! What a blessing it is to get to minister to these girls. I have always had a special place in my heart for troubled teens. I am ready to start reaching out to them again. Thank you for giving your time and energy to such a worthy cause and sharing it with us!

Becky said...

How Awesome!!
What a ministry you have.
I have been so blessed by your blog!!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

what a great post!! thank you for being open and vulnerable!!

Nancy said...

Amen! What a great post!

I am also having one of those nights where you just smile for no reason. God is so good!