Thursday, April 2, 2009

Memory Verse No. 7 and other random thoughts...

Well, it's that time again. April 1st was yesterday and this is what I will be memorizing over the next two weeks:

Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Colossians 2:7 NLT

This is my key verse I will be using when I speak at our churches mother/daughter brunch in May so I thought it would be good to memorize it. The theme I choose is "Grow where you are planted, be rooted in truth". The ladies I am working with came up with that and I loved it because I am all about spiritual growth and truth.

I read something from someone the other day that said they had wanted to do something recently but didn't do it right away because of fear. I thought about that and how often fear keeps us from doing the very thing God has planned for us that would "be greater than any eye has ever seen or any ear has ever heard"(1 Corinthians 2:9). Instead we give into mediocrity. We miss the boat and often then feel unfulfilled.

The truth is "we have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love, and self-discipline"(2 Timothy 1:7). It is out of that power and the love we have for others that we should want to fulfill our calling because our calling always involves the building up of God and His kingdom.

I want to see women fulfill their destiny. Stop questioning and just do the thing you feel most afraid of(disclaimer: something that God has called you to not
something ungodly or crazy).

Stop being bound up by fear. Stop looking to others to either do it for you or to make yourself feel even more unqualified. You might hold the key to someone elses freedom because they need to hear from you or someone may need your insight or encouragement. Your wisdom from past experiences or current situations might help someone grow closer to God. We can't keep living in insecurity. I heard Marie Osmond (go figure first I quote Sugar Ray Leonard in a previous post and now Marie, who knew????)say "We always compare our worst to every other woman's best". We all have a worst part of us. This is our flesh and sin nature. But we also have a best part of us. The Holy Spirit in us. The same power that rose Christ from the dead(Romans 8:11).

Ok. Enough said. I guess I will step off my soapbox for now and finish dinner. Hope I encouraged someone. Tune in tomorrow. I will be linking to Big Mama's Fashion Friday with insights(yeah right) as to which "style" you are. Have a blessed night.

No comments: