Friday, May 1, 2009

Fashion Friday

Today is Fashion Friday! Every week I wonder why I started this. Really not a gift of mine but anyway it's a lot of fun. My husband recently brought me an article called "Fashion over 40: Make yourself No. 1". Now if that isn't a set up for dissapointment I don't know what is but anyway apparantely Charla Krupp wrote a book called "How not to look old:Fast and Effortless Ways to look 10 Years Younger; 10 Pounds Lighter and 10 Times Better". It is probably a very interesting book but since I don't plan on making myself No. 1 anytime soon (because from past experience that doesn't work out too well for me) I don't think I will buy it:)

She gave six ways to look younger:

1. Cut some bangs. It can hide a large forehead, wrinkles and a receding hairline.

2. Lose the heavy eyeliner.

3. Lighten your hair.

4. Avoid dark lipstick and dark nail polish.

5. Buy jeans that fit.

6. Unmatch your wardrobe. The modern way to dress is to wear an "eclectic mix that celebrates your unique and personal style".

Didn't know I was already doing so much to look young. Bangs are cheaper than botox. I lost the dark eyeliner, lipstick, and nail polish back when I left Cyndi Lauper behind (whatever did happen to her????). I already lighten my hair but when the roots start to show not really sure I am doing an effective job with that one. I thought my unmatched wardrobe was a reflection of my budget - who knew I was actually "in style". As far as jeans that fit, I have yet to find a pair I love and would love some advice on that.

On another note I do like finding cute clothes for cheap. Thought this was a cute top for $8 at Walmart. This print is adorable too!

Well that's all I got for today. Remember to throw off the eyeliner that so easily entangles and have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee,
I've read that the average woman tries on 30 pairs of jeans before finding one that fits. After 30 years of looking for great jeans I finally found them at the Gap. The first pair I bought were off the deep clearance rack. I think they were $20 (reg. price is $70!). The next pair I bought was at Goodwill! (One of the best places to find jeans.) Those were $6! I firmly believe they make any tookus look great! And, next time I need a pair, I might even consider paying full price. They're that good. (My sister's built very different than me and she does pay full price! And, they still look great!) Hope that helps!
Cherise

Jen said...

Hysterical post, Dee!!! I started cracking up with the Cindi Lauper comment! :-) The whole post was funny and beneficial....already made a hair appt for next week b/c my roots are showing WAY TOO SOON!!!!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

great post! have a great weekend!

thedomesticfringe said...

Good tips! Love the song.

-FringeGirl