Friday, May 15, 2009

Fashion Friday

Fashion Friday…….after you see the pictures you will surely disqualify me from writing this each week(maybe it should be called Fashionless Friday)but anyway Greg got me the cutest t-shirt for mother’s day. I am certain it is a fashion no, no. A fashion faux pas of sorts. But since I didn’t make People’s most beautiful people list the other week and I just realized I didn’t get a call for Glamour Magazine’s “the 50 Most Glamorous Women of 2009” I figured what the heck I can’t do too much damage to my reputation can I????

I love dogs. I especially love my two dogs. One of them has been with me for 15 years and the other for 2 years. They always greet me. Always love me. Always listen to me. They have sat beside me through sickness, through some of the hardest blows I ever faced, and through every twist in turn my family has taken. When I speak they have listened intently as I practice and prepare and they never have a negative thing to say:)They look as though I am the most wonderful person their eyes have ever seen. So Greg got me a shirt that says “I kiss my dog on the lips”. I thought it was adorable but certainly not a fashion statement. He ordered it from Café Press. I wore it yesterday to Chuck-E-Cheese with jeans of course – partly because I don’t think it is ever going to get warm enough to wear anything else around here(is it me or does the sun rarely shine???) and partly because I wear jeans EVERYWHERE. I wore dark jeans and a jacket to the last two places I spoke. I’m not sure if I will ever move beyond being a denim wearin’ mama. I guess you can take the girl out of the country but you can’t take the country out of the girl. Maybe I will share a little bit about how I “dress” up my denim next week.



Now that you have seen my shirt I will go on to tell you about some things that are certainly more fashion blog entry worthy. I hope you are all remembering to check Old Navy Weekly often. I still can’t figure out exactly when they reset the coupons but this week they had a coupon for $60 off a $100. I missed and I was so upset. What a deal. I will be checking more frequently. You can check out all the "fabulous finds" this week here.

And finally I thought I would share each week one of my favorite things. This week I will tell you about my favorite scent. I love Exotic Coconut from Bath and Body Works. I am sad because I think they are discontinuing it because I can’t get it at the store any longer but they have it available online. It is an excellent, light, summer scent. Also be checking Bargains by the Bagfull. She often posts coupon deals at Bath and Body Works.

Well, I hope you have a blessed weekend. I am going to post some pictures from our party at Chuck-E-Cheese at some point. We had a great time! I can’t wait to share it with you all.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I LOVE that shirt! :D
Happy Friday,
~ Wendy