Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Last Night

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me. I spoke last night at a mother/daughter event and it was awesome. What made it really cool was my mom was there. I was speaking with my friend Carol on behalf of SVPS and my mom came along. She heard me share my journey and I felt great about it. I thought I would struggle talking about things in front of her but God was so good. Satan would have wanted me to struggle and feel shameful but God showed up and He is soooo good.

This week we have 5 softball games and yesterday was Abijah's birthday. My baby is now 5. I can not believe it. The time passes so quickly. The longest days and the shortest years of our life right? We are heading to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch on Thursday. I hope I can find some coupons. I know there was something at Bargains By The Bagfull awhile back but I might be too late.

And now to the book I am reading, What To Do On The Worst Day Of Your Life by Brian Zahnd. It is a small book and very easy to read. He takes you through the story of David when he lost everything at Ziklag. He shares the things that David did to recover from his "worst" day. He says the very first thing you do is weep. I loved that. I do my share of weeping:) He said stoicism has nothing to do with faith. He also said to deny true sorrow is to deny true joy. I definitely have enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone not just someone who is going through a current trial.

One last thing I forgot to mention earlier. The banquet last night was held at The Hurst House Bed and Breakfast. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It sits up high on a hill and the view is breathtaking. All I kept thinking last night was:

This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it...Psalm 118:24

When looking out over all He created on such a beautiful night I was definitely rejoicing and being glad in it. I hope to go back there with Greg sometime. They also had a beautiful lake and I know he would love it. Well I need to get my day started. I hope your day is blessed!

4 comments:

Smith7 said...

Just read your blog...I love ya! you are an encouragement to me!
As for Abijah, tell him Happy Birthday! And the Chuck E. Cheese website has coupons you can print from their site.
Have a great day!
nita

Becky said...

Denise,
How Awesome that your mom could be there and stand with you!!! I had to check out the B&B now I'm ready to go It's Beautiful.
Happy Birthday Abijah!!!! By the way You are not to late for the coupons.

kaycar said...

I have some coupons too if you need them...
carla

Heather Kay said...

The first time you join the Chuck E. Cheese website they give you the best coupon...100 tokens for $10.00. After that they always have much better than regular prices ones on there. Also in our area we always just ask at the register if they have any 100 for 10 ones and we have never been turned down. It's worth a try.
Blessings!