Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

I guess every Wednesday I really have nothing of great importance to write about so I just ramble about my life. Sorry to those of you who check in looking for something thought provoking. I'll just share some of the random thoughts today in no certain order of course:)

1. I decided to forgo the fiber cereal I usually have for breakfast with my yogurt and instead eat half a whoopie pie. Half a whoopie pie and yogurt....interesting combo. Not sure how I will keep myself from eating the other half. Cayla went to Roots yesterday with my grandma and she sent me a text and told me she had a surprise for me. She said I would either love it or say oh Cayla I am on a diet.....needless to say I told her I loved it!!!!! I figure why not, if this whole swine flu thing pans out my hips aren't going to matter anyway.

2. I haven't been feeling well. So much so that I actually went to a doctor on Monday night(which by the way he didn't even mention the possibility of swine flu). I know what your thinking....maybe I don't feel good because of my whoopie pie/yogurt breakfast combo. Anyway, the doctor can't seem to find anything wrong so I must either be crazy or have some "new" undiagnosable illness. Either way pray for me!

3. Starting Bible study tonight with the ladies at the halfway house. They are all coming out of prison. I couldn't be more excited. What a better group to share God's love with. I never want to forget what I was saved from or the feeling I had when the Bible became so real to me. I want that for these ladies. Pray for hearts that are open to what He has for them. Today can be the day things change forever. I get goosebumps just typing that!

4.Preparing for Sunday School on Sunday. I am looking at two women. The widow at Zarephath (1 Kings 17:7-24) and The Canaanite Woman (Matthew 15:21-28). I will be talking about finding faith and purpose. I think it is like a circle. We need a measure of faith to believe and then when we add prayer, perseverance, courage & obedience we find our purpose which then leads to a greater faith. I think both ladies displayed this.

5. Feeling like I should be doing something more productive right now than rambling on about yogurt and whoopie pies....in fact I think I will go and finish the other half!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

thanks for making me laugh! That would be my dream breakfast!