Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bible study and Other Random Things....

Bible study kicked off for the summer yesterday and it was awesome. From our very humble beginnings of 8 of us meeting in the church kitchen and paying our teen daughters $50 for the whole summer to watch the little ones we grew to 47 women joining us this summer. We had 61 children and a bunch of faithful childcare workers. God is moving in the hearts of women. I am so excited that He is allowing me to be a part of this. About 5 years ago we did our first ladies Bible study and God lit such a fire in my heart I pray He allows me to study together with a group of women for the rest of my days. When I go I hope I have my Bible and workbook in one hand and a good cup of coffee in the other. Never, EVER grow weary. If you feel God pressing something on your heart do NOT ever give up. Galatians 6:9 says:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Trust me there were times over the past 5 years that my dear friend Bobbi and I wanted to give up. I am so glad we haven't. I am starting my 14th Bible study. I have done a lot of them with the faithful ladies from my church. It has been a wild ride. Please keep praying for me and for this ministry. This summer we are going to become a power house for Jesus Christ. Satan better watch out!

When I started my homework this morning two things really stuck out to me:

1. Who you are and whats in your heart are revealed in the words you speak.

2. Who I am and what I struggle with are not the same thing.

Very thought provoking and convicting!!!!

I am excited to be going to see Beth Moore in Pittsburgh this Friday. My bff Carla and I will leave Friday morning and come back Saturday. I am sure it will be great. God has used her conferences greatly in my life. They have made me think, evaluate, make changes and grow.

Tonight Greg is running another 5K. I am not going to join him but I am taking the kids up to cheer him on. I am his biggest fan. He is my hero! Cayla's game got canceled last night because of lightening. We have not played a full week of softball yet and all the games need to be made up:( I am teaching this Sunday. I have been working on a lesson on wisdom. Should be interesting.

Well, better be off. I laundry to fold and put away and I am taking my grandma to the doctors today! Hope your day is blessed!

1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I love the new look of your blog!
I would love to start a Bible study in my home! I'll have to seriously pray about it! Your statement about what I struggle with and who I am being 2 different things is a revelation! Have a good time this weekend!