Friday, June 12, 2009

Fashion Friday - A Few of My Favorite Things......

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.....

Ok, well maybe not those exact things although if the brown paper package tied up with strings is bringing me something new to wear it could become one of my favorite things. I just thought I would quickly share 3 of my summer favorites.

1. John Frieda: Luxurious Volume Hairspray. It really gives volume to flat hair(can I get a cheer for the 80's hair to PLEASE come back)and it doesn't make my hair all stiff like the Aquanet I used back in the day(can you still buy this stuff because I could be tempted). It is great for hot, humid days(does that even exist around here - I think we are in an area of GLOBAL COOLING). Now I will tell you my kids all leave the room when I start spraying for fear of being blinded but it is great! Anyway I love it!

2. Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer. I just found this and it has spf 30 in it. I am not one for sunscreen(I know, I know please don't message me about the dangers of the sun - heck it rarely shines here anyway) Even though I don't wear sunscreen on the rest of my body I did start wearing it on my face last year because of some sunspots that were appearing on my face due to years of not wearing it I suppose. Last summer I didn't like how heavy it felt but this year I found this and it is very light.

3. Johnson's Shea and Coco Butter Oil. I put this on when I get out of the shower before I dry off. It really helps moisturize my skin and helps lock in that bronze sun damaged skin. But seriously it is very important to keep your skin moisturized. I will just warn you for a little while after you apply it you will appear to look a bit like an oil slick. You don't want your small children grabbing your arm to catch themselves from falling because they will slide right off.

Well those are a few of my favorite summer things. I would love to hear about yours. I also have a question if anyone knows the answer. Why does Forever 21 print John 3:16 on the bottom of their bags??? I think it is cool but I just wondered what the history of that was. I couldn't find anything on the website and it's not like the store is full of modest Christian apparel. Just curious I guess. Cayla and I did find some deals there yesterday. I got this tank top and this t-shirt. Not too bad for $10.

I need to be going now. Carla and I head off to Pittsburgh this morning to see Beth Moore. We are so excited. Just look for the car with the toilet paper hanging out the windows and flapping in the wind.....Have a blessed day!

No comments: