Sunday, June 28, 2009

Frisbees and Fireworks

Did you ever say something to your kids you never, ever imagined you would need to say???? My friend Carla and I were talking about this on the way home yesterday after I had to reprimand one of my kids for setting off one of those poppers you can buy with fireworks. The reason for the reprimand was because we were in the car when all of the sudden the thing went pop and little pieces came flying up at us. After that the same child was throwing a frisbee in the car. Who would have ever thought I would need to tell my kids NO fireworks or frisbees in the car???? I will tell you I never thought I would have to say those words. Although I have said a lot of things over the last 18 years that I never imagined saying. You just never know with kids.

We did have the most awesome time this weekend. We left Thursday and followed Carla's parents. On Friday morning we got up and went to visit my parents. They live in a cabin that we used to go to when I was a child. It is the most beautiful place and I love being there. I don't get there very often because they own another place that has more space for us to all come together(my brother has 5 children and with my 7 we need space). I actually hadn't been to this home in years and we spent a long time walking around while I reminisced. After that I took Carla through the house. My dad is a very gifted man and it is simply gorgeous. A bit "museum like" so we didn't have the kids in for very long because it is not very child proof:) After that we headed back to her cabin and Greg met us there just in time to take a hike. Saturday morning we hit the snake hunt and it was soooo much fun. If you have never been I encourage you to go. Maybe it is the country girl in me but I thought it was very cool. In fact I think I will add "go on snake hunt" to my list of things I want to do before I get too old or lose my mind. It was really exciting seeing them bring in the snakes and I would like to actually go out and do the hunting someday. The kids had a blast holding snakes(non-venomous of course) and so did I. I couldn't resist going in the "kids pit" to handle some of the snakes. They also learned a lot so we had our first day of school! After that it was time to head back home and back to reality. I will leave you with some pictures of our weekend. Have a blessed night!













2 comments:

Heather Kay said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

great pics to go with the fantastic time we had. Next year, same time, same place.