Monday, June 8, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Good Monday morning my blogosphere friends. Hope you had an awesome weekend. I know we did. Saturday night we had the privilege to go to a birthday party for a dear lady I have known all my life and who happens to work with Greg. She is 67 and has been battling cancer and finally has been declared in remission. Yeah! Praise God! We also enjoyed a weekend with no rain and spent it at a softball tournament with my daughter. They fought hard up until the bitter end and took second place. Way to go Rheems Lightening. My daughter played well if I must say so myself(am I being too proud a mama???? Is that possible????). Anyway it was wonderful. I love softball - watching NOT playing but my house paid for the weekend away. I woke up this morning to what looked liked a tornado went through. We had 5 extra kids sleepover Friday night and we were hardly home and it looked like our cooler blew up in the kitchen. There were empty bottles of water, half full bottles of gatorade and trash and snacks everywhere which brings me to my "choice" this Monday....

Moving forward. Whatever that may look like. I had a rough week last week losing Hunter and all the rain. I spent a lot of time in self pity and getting not a whole lot else done. I woke up today and I felt like enough was enough. I had a choice to make. I could continue to fuss and feel sorry for myself or I could move forward. It really is my choice. Staying where I am results in a messy house, a grumpy mama, unhappy kids, and leaves a husband (who deserves more) not wanting to come home. Sometimes as much as we hate that place it is comfortable and we feel we somehow deserve to feel sorry for ourselves. Well today let's choose to be different. It is ok to take some time to mourn losses. Whether it is a physical loss or a disappointment. We were created with emotion and it is ok to appropriately show it but then we need to take the next step and get back up.

Today I need to take that next step. I have already accomplished more this morning then all of last week combined. I know it can be overwhelming but the cool thing is God is with us all the way. He doesn't expect enormous strides in a short amount of time but He does want us to move forward trusting that He will work all things together for our good. Just take the next step. You never know what that time of struggling may lead to if you move forward but if you don't who knows what you might miss. If your house is a mess today set your timer and see how much you can get done in a certain amount of time. You would be amazed. I cleaned out our whole mudroom this morning in a relatively short amount of time. The key to this is going to be our attitude. We can't go into it expecting little because that will be our result. We need to go into it with a heart fully yielded to God knowing He will help order our steps and accomplish what needs done today. Maybe your house is great but your heart needs a makeover. Spend some time today thanking God and praising Him for all the blessings in your life. When you are doing this you can't stay in a bad mood for long and satan certainly loses His grip.

Well I hope that was helpful to some of you. I know I often need to say things just to confirm them in my own heart. I better be going. Still have more cleaning to do and some preparation for Bible study tomorrow. Cayla has another game tonight and I can't wait. Go Rheems Lightening!!!! By the way let me know what you think of my "new" blog design. I love it. It is still being worked on but so far it is awesome. Hopefully by the end of the week it will be complete. Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

BEAUTIFUL layout and design!! Are you in business?!

Heather Kay said...

I love your new blog design! Very pretty! To answer your question about stats. My daughter helped me put a free stat counter on my blog from: http://www.sitemeter.com/

If you have any questions I will be happy to have her help you with it. So sad but my 11 year old does know more about computers than me!

Cayla :] said...

Well I think the blog design is pretty snazzy if u ask me :]