Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pray for me!

Well ladies this has been a difficult week. I have been planning for summer Bible study to start next week and this is the week where everything has to come together. There will be 38 women attending and almost 60 children. This is so exciting. We have prayed for this. I remember a few years ago having 8 women attend in the summer and just praying for more. But as with anything else satan is attacking. I am feeling overwhelmed. Worrying about details that I should just let up to God. I also have to have my 15 year old dog put to sleep tonight at 8:20 and I can barely stand the thought. I have cried all morning. I knew it would be difficult but I didn't expect it to be like this. This will be after I have my sexual integrity study tonight in Lancaster. These ladies have been a tough nut to crack to say the least. So all in all a rough week. I have believed way too many lies of the enemy and have allowed it to do me in. Thankfully I am recognizing the lies and that is the first step in taking my thoughts captive.

So if you think of me please pray. I also never shared my memory verse with all of you for June 1st. So I will leave you today with it:

6.Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8.Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Philippians 4:6-8

I will be praying for the peace that transcends understanding to guard my heart AND mind today. Be blessed and shine in His glory.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Praying for you and believing God is going to do great things with your ministry!!!!
I know how tough it is to have to put one of our beloved pets to sleep.

cherise said...

Praying for you and your family with the loss of your dog. We lost a dog almost 4 years ago and I can still cry about it now. Also, praying that you trust God with all you need to do this week. It can all be so overwhelming.

Wendy said...

Denise,
I just sent one up.
~ Wendy