Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away.....

*If you grabbed my button it was brought to my attention that it was linking to the wrong blog. You will need to delete it and re-grab it. Thanks! Sorry for the inconvenience.

I feel like I should apologize to all of central PA because of the continued rain. I have had the WORST attitude lately. I am realizing now that God is trying to show me something. Maybe because in my delay in learning He keeps sending the rain:) Hope my stubbornness hasn't hindered too many of others plans. Seriously though I have been begging for the rain to go away and to NOT come back another day. I have missed valuable opportunities to learn new things because of my stubbornness. Thankfully His word tells me His mercies are new EVERY morning.

On a more positive note Bible study on Tuesday mornings is going well. We are working through the glitches and we have 45 women and 70 children coming each Tuesday morning. I was talking to a friend this morning and we talked about how funny it is when we finally get what we have prayed for we then decide we don't want it or we can't handle. Bobbi and I prayed for years for women to come together and study God's word. We knew the value of it. We wanted it for every woman. Now we have a huge group and I catch myself saying I can't do it. Lie of the enemy and I need to nip it in the bud. No I can't do it but God can and will in spite of me.

Getting ready for the graduation party for Chris on Saturday. Thinking of a baby shower for Alicia and a b-day party for Catey. Heading off to Pittsburgh project with Cayla on July 13th which happens to be my b-day. If you happen to see Greg tell him how much a new maltipoo puppy sitting on the front porch with a bow when I return would mean to me. I just love dogs and miss Hunter terribly. Greg doesn't want another dog but I know he is a reasonable man:) I want a lap dog this time. Niah was supposed to be a lap dog. Weighing in at 80 lbs she thinks she is but seriously..... After leaving the vet in tears I said I never, ever wanted another dog but to loved and lost is better to have never loved at all or something like that so I am desperately wanting a puppy. We will see. I am trying to get better at submitting to Greg because I know that is what God wants for me but if He can change the heart of a king who knows maybe my man will learn to love dogs.

Had the most glorious morning at a dear friends house. We had what we called a "God talk" and it was awesome. We talked about so many things and I made notes. I feel a Sunday school lesson in the making. Another friend of mine and I worked out this elaborate childcare plan for when our girls are in 4-h classes this week. Some times I have her son Mark and some times she has my two boys so I was able to spend the whole morning this morning with my other friend kid free. I came home and went for a run with David Crowder and then picked up my boys and we walked home. I need to do that more often. We have some of our best conversations when we are walking. I love to see how their little minds process things.

Well I better be going. I am thinking instead of sticking my head in the sand I need to come up with a rain plan for Saturday. 50 some people and an outside party. Definitely need a plan b. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a sensible woman and a submissive wife, be patient with your husband, from the looks of things it seems he gives you everything you need plus your wants,too. I am sure a little puppy is in your future.