Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Things

Leaving for the "snake hunt" today. Already started packing up. Greg isn't coming until tomorrow night:( My heart is a little heavy today. My daughter is having some struggles. She is due in 9 weeks. We have had some really good conversations lately. God is really showing me how to listen and not be so condemning when they make decisions I don't agree with. Why is it I expect perfection from them when I am not perfect???? Or does my sin cause God to grieve any less than theirs???? Ugh! Some lessons I hate to learn.

Had Bible study last night. These ladies have come from some really tough situations. We talked about the sexual abuse. That is a tough label to deal with. I tried to explain to them that just because that is a fact about their life they can't change it DOES NOT have to dictate their future and it DOES NOT have to define them. We talked about other labels we give ourselves that are lies. Some said "not good enough", "alcoholic", "drug addict", "bad parent", and even "slut". My heart was very burdened. I know that we can NEVER act differently than what we think so they act out of this false belief system and Satan loves that. I pray that over our next 4 sessions together they can begin to grasp who they really are. That will be the first step in change. If they grasp that it not only changes their life but the life of their children, their other relationships, future generations, and most importantly their eternity.

You know as believers we have been given the mind of Christ(1 Corinthians 2:16). Do we really grasp what that means for us???? We have been given His Spirit so we can understand what God has freely given us (1 Corinthians 2:12). We have the ability to know the truth and understand it. If today you are living out of any false beliefs ask God to reveal that to you. Your past, or any label you or someone else has placed on you does not have to dictate your future. You have the mind of Christ girlfriends. Do not operate out of anything but the truth. Strip off the old and put on the new(trust me this is the only time I will tell you it is good to be a stripper:) As a man/woman thinks in his/her heart so is he/she(Proverbs 23:7) What are you thinking today? Is it truth? Claim it today. Pray for the ladies in my study that they learn their value in Christ.

Greg and I have the opportunity to share in an Sunday school this week. I have been thinking about it a lot this week. I think the topic will be "the things we wish we had known, the things we still don't know, and the things we wish our spouse knew". Should be interesting. I will let you know how that goes. Maybe I will post some of what we share next week. No Fashion Friday tomorrow. I was going to try to have it scheduled to post but my mind is going in too many directions right now. Hopefully I will post pictures Sunday of my first "snake hunt" experience. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Heather Kay said...

Denise,
You are right on the mark! I have to constantly pray for God to allow me to see truth. I will continue to pray with you for you girls. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!