Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Weekend in the Life - Documentary (part3)

Well, Sunday night came and went and I was too tired from all the fun this weekend to share with you all the rest of my weekend. I will share that now and I will post "Make a Choice Monday" later this afternoon.

Carla and I made it home on Saturday night and my house was empty. Everyone was at softball practice. I did find some interesting things....





I used to throw such a fit when I would go away and come home to a mess. I have learned to be thankful my family allows me the opportunity to go away and also things clean back up it is not the end of the world. I am not perfect so I am not sure why I expect it from my family. They were busy having fun too. So what if the kitchen table "caught" everything each time they came home or there was a random gatorade bottle on the floor not in the recycle bin. The blind thing I can't figure out????? But the point is it can all be put back. I would ruin my homecoming in years past by coming in grumpy over the mess. Greg did manage to get all the wash done and my dog did miss me. She didn't eat the whole time I was gone.




I left and went to meet my kids at softball. This is what I saw as I drove up.




What a beautiful sight. When they saw me I got the best hugs and kisses. After softball Cayla had a friend over and we cooked out. Chris and a friend of his actually hung around and played frisbee and dodgeball in the yard and of course when the frisbee got stuck on the garage roof Chris went after it.






After we ate it was bath time for the little ones while I finished my Sunday school lesson. Remember I said it was going to be on wisdom??? Well God had other plans and spoke something else to me that I will share later.



After that we fell into bed exhausted. We got up Sunday to our usual routine of coffee, newspaper, and just quiet time together before we woke the monkeys. I left early to make copies and Greg brought the boys later. He needed to stay after church for a Bible school meeting. He works so well with kids. I avoid it like the plague. That is terrible on my part. I just keep telling myself that with homeschooling it is not my season. While he was at the meeting we went to a friends house to pick up a turtle. They told Coco about it all week and her desperately wanted it.





Just what I always wanted:) After that it was already 1:00 so I decided to think outside the box for lunch....



Pretty lame I know but anyway, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. After that it was relaxing at home. Still no housework being done. I went for a run because I was feeling very ambitious. My husbands love language is giving and to my surprise my ebay king had scored me a bunch of Nike and Under Armour gear and surprised me with it when I got home. If I ever die running I will look cute in the process.



He is such a sweet man. After my run Greg had a softball game and then we came home and he went and did batting practice with Cayla. There was more cooking out(I cooked last night so Greg grilled tonight) and then off to Rita's to take Chris some supper and get some icecream. Icecream late at night is always good when you went running earlier:) After that we took Cayla's friend home and got home at 9:30. We got everybody into bed and fell into bed exhausted again!







See I don't have a perfect life but I am realizing more and more as I get older that I have a really good life. I have messes and we have stressful times. Beth Moore spoke about storms in our life. Right now I am not in a particular storm but I have been. I have been in major tsunamis that threatened to do me in but God had other plans. I know another storm will come. I may be in one by the end of this week but I ALWAYS come out of the storm stronger. That is just how life goes but for now I will sit back and enjoy the calm instead of worrying about the future. The future is uncertain but God is a constant amidst the turmoil. Speaking of turmoil did you know that I got pregnant at 17 and Greg was 7 years older??? Talk about turmoil. It was a rough start and we have had some really rocky moments(times we were definetely not in love)but he has become my best friend and the love of my life. That my friends is the gospel. The redemptive power of Christ's blood in our life. I will leave you with one last picture. Don't think my life and my marriage is perfect because it is not it still gets ugly around here a lot and it usually has to do with my stinky attitude but just know that God can and will redeem anything if you ask.



Have a blessed day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT documentary!!!!!!! (from one of your two readers)It was fun and funny- loved the shoe picture:)Read my blog about the sleep number bed....... we aslo made the exact same point about how cool it was to see all the woamn praying for each other...

cherise said...

Glad to say you have more than 2 faithful readers. :) I always enjoy your blogs. Like the new look too. I was wondering if Carla ever went to Mt. Calvary Christian School. She looks familiar...