Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh Baby!

I'm back and I'm a grandma. After a prolonged labor and being sent home from the hospital 4 times last week they broke my daughter's water on Thursday morning around 8:30 am and Nathan Adam Melton was born at 4:22 pm. He weighed in at 5 lbs 12 ozs and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is so beautiful. Watching my grandchild be born was one of the most amazing things ever. It was also one of the most challenging days ever. I was forced to face head on one of my biggest fears. Alicia's birth mother,who I haven't seen since prior to the adotion almost ten years ago, was there. It really was ok. I was on one side and she was on the other and for Alicia's sake we put everthing aside and it was all ok. I will leave you with some pictures.







4 comments:

Heather Kay said...

Awww, Congratulations! I was able to be at my nephew and niece's birth and it was a wonderful experience! I can't imagine when it is my daughter. Glad he is here safe and sound!

Nita said...

YAY! and Congratulations to EVERYONE!

I am so glad that all went well!!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I am SO happy for the safe arrival and healthy baby!! God is faithful!! Can't wait to hear about your week!

brendamyron said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it in person! Still no activity here -- one of these days soon I'll join you in the grandma ranks! :)