Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Scripture #13 and other tidbits of info....

I am onto verse 13 for the year. I chose this one out of my current Bible study I am doing. It is Psalm 19:14:

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

It is my desire that not only the things I say be pleasing to God but also the things I meditate on. I want to meditate on truth and truth only. That is very difficult especially amidst trials and a life that is very full. I also get hung up on the things other people have. Not usually material things although I do go there occasionally but things like relationships or opportunities. I am trying to live a very transparent life and I have a strong desire to change what I meditate on to honor God.

The study I am in(Me, Myself, and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild) has been very good. She is actually going to be on Dr. Phil tomorrow if anyone is interested in hearing her story. Some things that really spoke to me last week were:

Feelings are powerful but they don't always represent truth. We have two choices. Act according to truth or react according to our emotions.

A surplus of emotion usually precedes acting without wisdom. Since feelings are powerful, our thought closet must be full of wisdom. Wisdom is the watchman at our thought closet door. Without it's protection untruth can sneak in when it feels true.

Until we revere God most highly in your life, you will never find true wisdom.

To hear His counsel we have to quiet ourselves and truly listen.


These truths spoke volumes to this emotionally charged woman who never sits still long enough to be able to listen. So much to learn. Such a gracious God.

I met with the girls this week and their mom's. I am excited to teach the next generation about lies and truth. I passed a sign at a church that said something like this: "To learn God's truths - teach them to someone else". I guess that is why my life is saturated with studies right now. It is the best way for me to learn. Summer is what I consider my big Bible study season. Once school starts I will only participate in one group and I welcome the rest but in the mean time I thrive on it. I ma having a blast with all three groups.

I finally put my schedule up on the blog. I am a little behind:) Maybe I will actually get some photos up soon.

I am off tonight to meet with the ladies in Lancaster. The rest of my family is off to Bible school. My husband loves it and does such and awesome job with kids. Who knew the man who thought he wouldn't have children has 7 and teaches kids regularly???? God so does have a sense of humor:) We leave for the mountains tomorrow. I hope to have a Fashion Friday post from there. Have a blessed day!

No comments: