Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Frequent Flyer I Am Not

Sitting in the Detroit airport trying to process everything and feeling very tired. I obviously don't fly much. Since when do you have to pay to check just one piece of luggage??? Or what happened to the nice, smiling, grandma-like lady standing at the other side of the counter to check you in???? I don't want to check myself in. I don't know how to check myself in. I am just lucky I am not on a flight to Zimbabwe right now. And when did security become so invasive???? I am just glad I didn't have to get naked. They wanted my shoes and they wanted my jewelry and they wanted to know why my license is expired. I don't know why they didn't understand that I had to wait to get my picture taken until after I got my hair dyed and I couldn't go get my hair done until this week before She Speaks. Unbelievable isn't it???? And what about the anticipation that builds as you walk down the very narrow isle to your very narrow seat just wondering who you would be seated next to only to find out that it is someone who does not have the gift of gab and your lucky if you get a grunt....

Well, enough complaining I am just happy to be on my way home and I am trying to process everything that is swirling around my brain. A very scary and confusing place, by the way. I met so many fabulous women I can not get over it. They were all so beautiful and they radiated the love of Christ. It was one of the biggest blessings in the whole world to be with people the whole weekend that "get" me. That have the same call on their life to somehow communicate Jesus Christ. Even at the airport in Charlotte as I waited for my plane I had some fabulous conversations that I will never forget.

I do sense God calling me to give up some things after this weekend. That's the thing about getting quiet and listening. After you hear you need to act and that can often be uncomfortable. I can't wait to share more with you about this when it all starts coming together. All I know is that God is good and He is faithful even when I am faithless.

Have a blessed night. See you tomorrow for Make a Choice Monday!

1 comment:

MoodyMama (a.k.a. Heidi) said...

That whole license thing kills me...like suddenly it isn't you because it's after a certain date! Baptism was awesome, I was dancing around singing "Washed by the Water" while cooking dinner and then Landon told Kate he was getting "baptized" at bathtime!