Monday, August 3, 2009

Make A Choice Monday

Good morning all you wonderful people out there in the blogosphere. It's Monday again and I am pumped after an awesome weekend. The choice I am coming to you with today came out of a statement I heard this weekend. It was, "choose loyalty over logic". Choose Jesus Christ over what seems logical. Wow! Just let that soak in.

You see logically a girl like me should be curled up in a corner somewhere bawling my eyes out and barely functioning. A girl like me should be hiding away in guilt and shame from my past. A girl like me should not be getting up this morning with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. I should be defeated but I am victorious. I should be broken but I have been made whole. It's not logical - the things that have happened in my life. The things that happen in your life may not seem logical. They may be really hard to understand. You might be questioning and suffering for the moment but we have to believe that nothing happens that does not pass through the hands of God before it gets to us. Even the impossible things that don't seem possible can happen. He may be calling you into a ministry and to you it just doesn't seem logical. He may be calling you to give something up and it just doesn't seem logical. He might be asking you to step out of your comfort zone and act on something and you have hesitated because it didn't seem logical.

Well today we are going to choose to trust Him and be loyal over any of our doubts. We will trust Romans 8:28 that says:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

We have been called according to His purpose - not ours and not the worlds and not what seems logical.

Have a blessed Monday!

4 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

So glad you had a great weekend! And congrats on your first grandchild! I love the post about your license!! What's not to understand!? Thank you for the award! I am truly humbled! I will post about it today. Have a blessed week!
Bonni

Heather Kay said...

This is a great choice and one I will make with you this morning. Have a great week and please try to catch a little rest!

Lynn Cowell said...

Denise,
Beautiful post! God is amazing and your proves that. I am so glad that I got to hear part of it this weekend (in a mere 3 minutes!). Can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in and through you!
Lynn

Lelia Chealey said...

This was a great post! Thanks for sharing this.