Monday, August 10, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Sorry I am so late in posting.....I had a sleepover guest last night and I am a bit tired. My 2 1/2 week old grandson spent the night. It's amazing how much you forget. Ugh! It is exhausting. Anyway, for Make a Choice Monday I have been thinking a lot about the words of John the Baptist when he said in John 3:30, "He must become greater and I must become less".

I have been seeing that verse lately in a lot of different places. Wonder if He is trying to tell me something:) So today let's choose to become less so that He becomes greater. Whatever that needs to look like in our life. Whether it means we do a lot of little mundane stuff that we think unimportant but in God's economy is huge if we are being obedient. Whatever we need to do to make His name great not make a great name for ourselves.

Hope your evening is blessed! I know I will be sleeping good tonight....

3 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey Denise!I'll bet you are worn out--but loving every minute of it! We need to see some pictures!

I know what you mean about seeing the same verse lately in lots of places! God has a way to truly grab out attention!!

Enjoy that sleep tonight!
Hugs!
Susan

Heather Kay said...

Great choice as usual! I like your new pictures! Did you just get your hair cut? I love it!

Julie Gillies said...

Oh Denise, you brave grandma, you! Bless your heart for taking care of your little grandbaby. But girl...NOTHING makes me more tired than taking care of my grandkiddos! LOL I absolutely love them to pieces...and then I need a nap! LOL

Love the verse you zeroed in on. My fervent prayer is that God will continually increase in me, smashing "me" down in the process so He has more room.

Blessings!