Monday, August 17, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21


I have so many plans. Each day, each week, each month, etc..... I wake up each day with "to do" lists always trying to accomplish more than can possibly done in the amount of time I have. The problem with this is I always end up feeling overwhelmed and defeated before I even get to check the first item off my list.

I came across the verse above and though I have heard it before I realized that I never really believed what it says. I always try to control things. I always want to "order my own steps". When I am in control plans inevitably fail. I decided to use this verse as verse no. 16 in my years long memory challenge. Not only do I want to memorize it I want to believe it and give God control of my "to do" list. That is when I will succeed and no matter what I have to do I will have a peace that will surpass all understanding.

So today's choice is quite simple yet will probably be a challenge for some of us. Today let's remember that the Lord's purpose will prevail in spite of us and our lists. Let's choose to find out His purpose for our day and give control to the One who is in control.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great post! I needed that! Let's make a date to get a homeschooling moms nite out in October!! I miss talking to you and Carla!

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Denise! This was my verse I chose from She Speaks!! I love it! And it really speaks to my heart!

Hugs,
Susan