Monday, August 24, 2009

Make A Choice Monday

Good Monday Morning! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know we did. It was full of friends and activity and I am tired today. We played games with some friends from our old small group on Friday night and went to a wedding shower for the daughter of another couple from that same small group on Saturday. Sunday I taught for the last time for a little while. I am looking forward to a bit of a break. We discussed friendship because I am speaking on that in a few weeks. Sunday afternoon was busy cleaning up and doing some laundry and then off to Masonic Homes for my hubby to run a 10k. The cool thing about it this year was that a few of his friends ran it also so there were a bunch of us there cheering them on. I think I will do a 5k this Saturday. Not positive yet but I am planning on it.

So on to our choice today....I know I mentioned that I am reading the book "Crazy Love". Well I read something the other day that really caught my attention. It talked about the disciples being called Christians first at Antioch in Acts 11:26. It went on to say that they didn't name themselves but were called that by people watching their life. It then asked the question, "could someone look at your life or my life and name me a Christian?" Wow! Very humbling. Later in the book it said something about us having a choice: we can adjust how we live daily or stay the same.

So today and each day let's adjust how we live so that we aren't staying the same and so someone else could look on our life and know we are Christians. I think that will have a lot to do with how we love and how we serve others. You know the old song "they will know we are Christians by our love". Let's choose to make sure others know who we are by how we act.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great post! I am very impressed that you are even THINKING of running in the race! It makes me tired just to think of it! I was wondering if you could help me find a book! I was asked to give a talk in Feb. about the seasons of a woman's life as a Christian. Have you read a book about that? Thanks!!