Friday, August 28, 2009

Random thoughts....

Just have some random things I want to share with you all and since I don't have a creative bone in my body right now maybe I will just give you a list.....Top ten things on my mind today.....

1. Greg comes home today. While he was gone Carla and I moved my schoolroom upstairs and painted the walls and trim. After that we got the bright idea to stain the wood floor. We pulled up the carpet a few years back and found beautiful wood floor underneath but never did anything to it. We didn't sand it first and I hope that I don't regret that. As I was slapping down the stain just wanting to get it done I wondered how many times I have done that same sort of thing with God. He has things for me that are wonderful but I am sure I have missed things in my desire to rush through and not do the hard work required of me.

2. It is raining now and I can't get to the windows to close them and am praying it doesn't ruin the floor :)

3. Running a 5k tomorrow with my hubby.

4. Dinner tonight at Red Lobster for my mother-in-laws b-day. I can't wait to eat those warm cheesy garlic rolls.

5. Have my grandson sleeping peacefully beside me on the couch as I type this. He was fussy and Alicia needed a little break to get some things done. They are going away this weekend and she needed to pack. I jumped at the chance to have him and am so glad she called me.

6. Starting school in my new schoolroom on Monday!

7. Catey sewed a pillow and entered it at the fair and got 2nd place. Way to go Catey. Last year Cayla's cake got 3rd place and a bunch of her art got ribbons. This year she only entered on picture and it didn't place :(

8. Have a stack of books and papers sitting beside me and I have a lot of work to do on my upcoming talks. Came across this verse this week and felt like it really spoke to me. If you think of me please be praying for my speaking ministry.

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel ~ Ephesians 6:19

Verse 20 goes on to say "Pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should".

9. Greg starts coaching Cayla's softball team on Monday. I am not looking forward to the fall softball schedule but I do love seeing my man and my daughter on that field.

10. And finally.....I just want you to know I appreciate each of you who reads this blog. If I can ever pray for you in any way please let me know!

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

MoodyMama (a.k.a. Heidi) said...

I TOTALLY get you on #1. I think I'm a rush rush person and too often miss the joy of the ride. I could live WITHOUT #3 but #4 sounds awesome!

I'm starting school monday in my new room as well except mine is not a home and I have 25 students! AHHH! Haven't forgotten about your purse! Have a good week!