Monday, September 21, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Good Monday Morning to all my bloggy friends out there! First I just have to share with you all that I won 4 copies of Lysa TerKeurst's new book "Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl". I can not even believe it. I never win anything.....I had just put this book on my "want to get" list. How exciting! What an awesome way to start a Monday morning.

Now to my "choice" for today. Last week I was sharing with you the stress I was feeling about something with one of my children. How it just ate away at me but I was doing my best to ignore it and how when I finally handed it over to God I felt so much better. I was thinking about this again yesterday and how sometimes situations seem so hopeless. Makes me just want to give up. Well, today I am choosing NOT to give up. I happened to be reading in Ezekiel, I know you are wondering how one happens to be in the book of Ezekiel but any way.... I was reading a passage in Chapter 36 and in verse 26 it talks about God giving them a new heart and a new spirit - a heart of flesh and not stone. I started thinking how I feel like this particular child has a heart of stone some days and that scares me to death but instead of once again feeling hopeless I felt invigorated. I wrote out a prayer for my child and decided I need to pray without ceasing(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) and rejoice in the Lord always(no matter the circumstance)!

This is my payer based on Ezekiel 36:24-29:

Lord gather ____________ and bring him/her back into your land. Sprinkle clean water on him/her and make them clean. Cleanse _________ from all his/her impurities and idols. Give __________ a new heart Lord and put a new spirit in him/her. Remove his/her heart of stone. Move _________ to follow your decrees and help him/her to be careful to keep your laws. Be his/her God and save __________.

Today do NOT give up hope. Pray scripture over your situation. Pray with out ceasing. Pray with a heart of rejoicing knowing that God is in control even when life feels like it is spinning out of control. Philippians 4 tells us that when we pray and stop being anxious a peace that will transcend our understanding will guard our hearts and minds. We don't need to lose our mind over our circumstances! What would our day be like if we did the following:

pray instead of fear
pray instead of worry
pray instead of trying to control the uncontrollable
pray instead of giving up
pray instead of being defeated
pray instead of being angry
pray instead of losing control
pray instead of being anxious
pray instead of____________(you fill in the blank)

How much better life would be??? After I though about this yesterday I read an awesome blog post on prayer by Julie Gillies. She is an awesome lady and very talented writer I met in the airport leaving She Speaks. Reading that was just confirmation that I just need to PRAY!

Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Very encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

MoodyMama (a.k.a. Heidi) said...

It certainly wasn't by chance that I read this post today. I'm with you sister! It's not one of my kids but I'm so there!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Denise,

What a POWERFUL post, a powerful prayer, and a powerful scripture. I don't know a mom alive who hasn't seriously worried about their kids at some point. Thank GOD the Lord takes the worry from us (when we choose to give it to him...like you did!).

Oh, and thank you for linking me. I'm honored that you shared my post. I'm so glad we met at the airport that day. :)